Monday, June 1, 2015

Birthday Pinafore

My niece's first birthday party is coming up this weekend, and though I still have so much sewing to do before the big day, one item can now be crossed off the list! My sister asked me to make a simple cotton pinafore with lace and ruffles, but when I got started my creativity took over. I did get permission along the way with my design and fabric choices, so I'm hoping she likes it and that I didn't go overboard. I mean it's my niece's first birthday party, so go big or go home, right?

This little thing took forever to come to life. I started on the idea over a month ago and went fabric shopping back in April, and the skirt was such a pain to gather and sew. I'm seriously going to cry if my sister doesn't like it or it doesn't fit. The theme of the party is a visit to "Onederland" so I went super girly to match the tea party decorations. I think the blush silk is beyond gorgeous, and the gathered ruffles take it to another level. I am in love with the way it turned out. It's going to be difficult to part with it, but since it's for such a special little girl, I am so excited to see her in it!






No comments:

Post a Comment