Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Drip Drop Dress

The birthday party this past Saturday was a much better success attitude-wise for my little papoose! There were no tears and screaming involved, so I would say it's a definite improvement. Luckily, she didn't make the birthday boy cry like she did last time, and even the sun came out long enough for all the kiddos to enjoy the splash pools and water balloons. We tried dipping her feet in the pool, but she wasn't much of a fan so we quickly aborted that experience. Overall though, she was the perfect little guest with the most adorable little dress.

I was able to finish up the design I drew out in plenty of time for the party, and sewing it up went rather smoothly for a self-drafted pattern. I love all the water droplets in the skirt, and the way the back comes together is so cute. The sweet fish button practically jumped out at me as I was looking for one. I don't know where he came from because there was only one available in my button stash, and he was blue so the stars aligned on that choice.

The hat was the quickest to sew up, but I would definitely try some things differently next time, if there is a next time. The whole outfit was perfect for the party, and I'm happy with how everything turned out. We were able to find some adorable sunglasses the night before at Target, and she even let us keep them on her for a long period of time. Of course I took tons of pictures, but wouldn't you know I forgot my nice camera so all I have of the day are phone pictures that aren't that great. Oh well, at least I was able to take some better ones of the dress once we got home and rested up a bit!







2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little dress and hat! Your little papoose is so lucky to have a mommy that makes her such special outfits :)

    ReplyDelete