Friday, September 20, 2013

Separates of Midnight Moon (Bottoms)

I will say, I think the designs for the bottoms of the Midnight Moon collection are some of the more versatile and fun pieces I've created so far. I love the way everything in the collection sings together to produce this whimsical set of everyday play clothes that takes you from school to a trip to the children's museum or a picnic in the park! Any of these options would work beautifully paired with your favorite pieces, and they will take you from the crispness of Fall through the coziness of Winter!

 
How much fun are these sweet little pants? I love the idea of a drawstring pant, but I wanted to make it even more whimsical for a little girl. So, I added a little ruffle at the waist that is gathered from tightening the belt, and I cut the pants straight down for a wide leg sophistication. The sash is extra wide to produce a large dramatic bow at the front. I kept the fabric in the pale yellow fern pattern so it could be paired with many color options.
 
 
The skirt and suspenders are a spin-off of the seasonal favorite Brown Plaid Monogrammed Pumpkin Ruffle Skirt with Matching Suspenders. I wanted to create something exclusive for the collection, but also redesign some elements. I kept the ruffle top waist, but I added a high-low skirt. I love the way the polka dots mix with the brown and black ivy print, although I know not everyone is a fan of brown and black together. It's subtle enough while still being interesting and playful.

 
In keeping with the "Midnight Moon" theme, these pants are perfectly suited for a walk in the park or playing inside on a snowy day! The dark navy blue backdrop creates the perfect setting for the twinkling white star pattern. Hidden side pockets are ideal and deep enough for collecting lots of treasures and knick knacks. The wide leg cut creates a polished look, while the cotton fabric is comfortable and easy to wear.

 
This is such a charming vintage-inspired design, and I love all the sweet details. From the ruffle top elastic waist to the gathered ankles, these pants will look adorable with your favorite top! I initially designed these in capris for the Spring/ Summer 2013 Collection, and I loved the way they turned out so much that I decided to bring them back in full length pants for this collection. The brown and black colors make it an ideal foundation to any colored or neutral top.

 
Polka dots on top of polka dots, what is not to love? There is so much whimsy and playfulness wrapped up in this sweet skirt! The black and white color scheme is so sophisticated, and the polka dot patterns will delight girls of all ages. I wanted to break up the circles a bit, so I added oversized square front pockets for a change in shapes. There is elastic in the back waistline for growing tummies, and side ties gather at the back into a large bow. 
 
 
Last but not least, I designed these shorts and imagined them being worn with some fabulous tights and a great pair of boots or sparkly flats (or "happy shoes" as my niece would call them). The print is so imaginative and fun-loving with tons of charming animals playing around in a garden. I love the double ruffle effect from the elastic at the waist and the thighs. It is definitely one of the more popular designs I have available because of its versatility and charm.


2 comments: