Monday, September 9, 2013

Looking All Profesh

Yes, I finally have my website up, and yes, it is awesome! My very first blog post back in January had me talking about building the website. Well I was attempting to do it with Google Sites because of cost efficiency, but it was not efficient with anything else. I was literally building it from scratch, and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I sat for HOURS working on it and feeling like I hadn't accomplished anything. What I did have was a sad looking at best, not very professional. So I put that plan on the back burner until I had more time to devote to it.

 
I have been in such a proactive mood lately to shape up Papoose that I researched my options with website builders. I had thought about possibly hiring someone to do it, but when I came across Weebly, I knew it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought. I had already bought my domain, so I chose their Starter level. I had looked around at different websites to get inspired, and I knew I wanted it to look modern, professional, and welcoming. 
 

I used green with pops of turquoise because I have always loved the color green. To me it represents growth, freshness, energy, all of which can be ascribed to children, and the turquoise brings in the creativity, imagination, and sophistication.I chose a font called Fredericka the Great because it was playful, childlike, and reminded me of doodlings on paper. I wanted to keep the background simple but not glaring, so I went with a soft gray tone that is a nice backdrop for the clothing.
 

 
This really is a huge accomplishment for me professionally and personally, I love that I can now claim this as a business and not a hobby. It is definitely empowering to see how Papoose has grown and to see the goals I have being met. I love scratching them off my list and moving on to make new ones! The website really defines Papoose visually, but I also have my vision statement on the About Page that really goes into what Papoose is founded on and where it is going. It is exciting to see the new logo up and have the website up that showcases all the hard work I've been doing for the past few weeks, and I hope you all enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment