Thursday, April 11, 2013

Frog Princess Inspired Toddler Green and Yellow Tiered Dress

Summer vacations are coming up soon, and some of my favorite designs in the shop are character inspired. All of them were designed for my little niece's dress up passion! I wanted to make all of the princess dresses for her, but I didn't have enough time to make them all. So, I had to settle on the ones we really wanted to wear. I chose to make a Frog Princess inspired dress because she has such a fabulous story, and my favorite color is green so it worked out well for everyone! I made a couple of sketches and decided on one, then went to the store and found some great fabric that wasn't too over-the-top and literal.

Rough draft pieces and design 

I loved the colors together! The soft buttery yellow against the shades of green coordinated so well, and I was so excited to sew it and see the finished product!





I know I may be a wee bit biased, but I absolutely love the way this little dress turned out! I think it has so many sweet details like the layers in the skirt and the way the back crosses down and ties at the back. The bib is so darling with its lace and buttons, I think it came together nicely!

Sweet little princess dancing with her Paw Paw!
 
Being pushed in her stroller by Momma, her favorite Uncle Albie holding one hand and her Paw Paw on the other! What more could a little princess want?!

No comments:

Post a Comment