Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Laissez le bon temps rouler!

So this past weekend I took a little trip down to cajun country to visit my family in Lake Charles. My sweet niece Harper was able to make the trip, and since it was going to be her very first Mardi Gras celebration, she naturally had to have a new dress!


I envisioned something festive but not too in your face. I love the design, but it didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped. Something fell flat, maybe the colors were wrong, but she looked adorable waving to all the floats!


It was supposed to rain all day, and for the hour long wait we had before the parade eventually got to us, it was seemed like we were going to get wet. Luckily, we were able to find a parking spot in the Starbucks parking lot and warm up with a little something something before heading back out. By that time, the rain had stopped, but there were puddles everywhere.


Our feet got a little wet, there were still a few drizzles, and my straightened hair was looking like a poodle. But when the krewes came our way and that zydeco music was blasting away, our spirits picked up and we were able to enjoy the good times!


And we caught a lot of beads!



No comments:

Post a Comment